Friday, April 23, 2010

Heritage

A break from my armor blogs. Family heritage can be a good or bad thing depending on what is in your "family tree". One of my aunts, on my dad's side has been gathering family info for our tree. She sent us a letter with current family info to make sure it was correct before adding it to her documents. Some of the extra info she sent involves my grandpa's (Minor Langford) mom, my great grandmother. Her maiden name was Sara Ella O'Bannon. Following the family trail back four generations her great-great grandfather was Brian O'Bannon. This is where it gets pretty cool. He was born c. 1740 at Fauquier County, Virginia. During the American Revolution he lived in the Saliabury District (Surry County), North Carolina. As a resident of this district he was part of the North Carolina effort in the war, as a soldier. By the info sent by my aunt his "serial#" was A085505, and was on paid military duty. Later in life he moved to the Salistoney District (Washington County) Georgia where he died in 1805

No comments:

Post a Comment