Saturday, January 28, 2017

Hide and Watch

Too often in our walk with the Lord, we (with big arrow pointing back at myself) are slow to accept His promises and guidance because of our lack of faith. I know that all too often I have questioned what God has told me concerning my life and the plans He has my journey. During my quiet time yesterday these verses, Numbers 11:21-23 NASB, really impressed me.

But Moses said, “The people, among whom I am, are 600,000 on foot; yet You have said, ‘I will give them meat, so that they may eat for a whole month.’ Should flocks and herds be slaughtered for them, to be sufficient for them? Or should all the fish of the sea be gathered together for them, to be sufficient for them?” The Lord said to Moses, “Is the Lord’s power limited? Now you shall see whether My word will come true for you or not.”
(Keeping in context with what is being said, I ask that you read the all chapter 11, or for that matter chapters 10 & 12 also to get a good feel for what is being conveyed)

When I was growing up often I would ask my Dad about an event or something that was about to happen. Not wanting to spoil that happening or just because he was trying to teach me patience, Dad would tell me "hide and watch". Wait and see what is fixing to occur. The event that I was curious about was going to happen and I needed to just be patient, pay attention and watch it unfold.

We as Christians do the same thing, as we approach God with our questions and concerns. We ask, plead, and petition the Lord Almighty about many aspects of our lives and then when He answers, do we not often doubt that word or grow apprehensive thinking "is this really going to happen?". God had promised His chosen people food as they traveled to the Promised Land. They were grumbling, much like we do, and not believing in the provision that God had promised. Even Moses was not fully convinced that this was going to happen. There was doubt at what God said He would do, and God replied......“Is the Lord’s power limited? Now you shall see whether My word will come true for you or not.”.

God told Moses, "Buddy, do I not have unlimited capabilities, resources and power to do whatever I want to do?? I'm going to astound you with what is about to happen!" (my paraphrase) In other words God told Moses and the nation of Israel to "hide and watch"!

As we step into this new year with, new possibilities come along with me on this journey as we learn to follow God, wait on Him trusting Him for what He is about to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment