Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Psalms 119:65-72

I have been reading through Psalms in the mornings, a chapter each day. Upon reaching chapter 119 I decided to take one or two letters of the Hebrew alphabet each day. Toady's reading was verses 65 - 72 under the letter Teth, and for some reason this passage really impressed me. I ended up photocopying it and putting it on my tool box today and meditated on it. Here it is.

65 LORD, You have treated Your servant well,
just as You promised.

66 Teach me good judgment and discernment,
for I rely on Your commands.


67 Before I was afflicted I went astray,
but now I keep Your word.

68 You are good, and You do what is good;
teach me Your statutes.

69 The arrogant have smeared me with lies,
but I obey Your precepts with all my heart.

70 Their hearts are hard and insensitive,
but I delight in Your instruction.

71 It was good for me to be afflicted
so that I could learn Your statutes.


72 Instruction from Your lips is better for me
than thousands of gold and silver pieces.


Verse 71 was the one that really hit me. Though everything I have experianced, the good, the bad and (really tempting to put "the ugly", but won't) just daily living, God is working on me. The times I grow closer to Him are usually the times that I'm "afflicted"

(Emphasis is mine)

No comments:

Post a Comment