Sunday, June 13, 2010

Family


This weekend was the Langford family reunion in Graham TX. I have kinfolk all through the Graham, Breckenridge, and Ranger TX area. We met at one of my uncles and aunt, both siblings to my Dad, who live next to each other on Lake Graham. There were at least 90 people present at the noon dinner, the vast majority were related to my Grandma Sadie and Grandpa Minor either by blood or marriage. Of this group two brothers and one aunt were there, with my dad and one uncle having passed away. Then there were 14 (out of 16} of my 1st cousins. One cousin lives in Anchorage AK and couldn't come and one Monica Shough Beesly, passed away several years ago with cancer. There are 33(if I counted right!!LOL) great grand kids.

We spent the weekend visiting, eating and watching the kids turn themselves into prunes playing in the lake. It was a good time. As with any family we have had our trials and events that every family faces. Most good some bad, such as the loss of one of my cousin's 18 year old daughter in an auto accident just a few weeks before she was to graduate, but through it all we have stuck together, cried together, laughed together and prayed together. We have been bound by the spiritual heritage that was begun by my Grandma Sadie. One of my earliest memories was while most of her family lived here in Pampa. On Sunday mornings we would come out of Sunday school and go to "big" church, and there my Grandma would be in her seat and all my aunts, uncles, my family and cousins were all sitting on the same pew. Sometimes taking up one and half pews. Moat all of her family are born again Christians and active in our local churches. Were not perfect but we stick together. Family is a good thing!!

1 comment: