Sunday, June 6, 2010

Israel My Israel

I have sat in contemplation of events surrounding Israel this week in a semi-disbelief. It saddens me that the rest of the world much less people here in the US, officials of our government and the media have ridiculed and blamed Israel the way they have. While, as an armchair quarterback we can sit back and critique the IDF (Israeli Defence Force) and their government, in their handling of the flotilla episode, it goes beyond that. There is a hatred for God's chosen people that has increased greatly in my lifetime. While I was not alive during WWII and the horrors that were placed on Jews, I have seen the beginnings and growth of that same hatred towards Israel and those who support her.

Israel is God's chosen nation, which is supported countless times through scriptures, and He is a jealous God over Israel. Paraphrased from many of these scripture God will "bless those that bless you and curse those that curse you" and one who does not ascribe to this belief is doomed to face God's wrath. (Just ask Pharaoh and the Egyptians!!) It is Satan's plan to destroy Israel, and God's to make it into the nation that Christ will rule the world with. The United States has always stood by Israel, but it pains me that we possibly are at a crossroad of supporting Israel or her enemies. I choose to bless Israel and would pray that we as a nation will not change our course and continue to support Israel.

No comments:

Post a Comment